Top 30 Powerful Quotes to Celebrate Women History Month
As we celebrate Women History Month and International Women’s Day (IWD2020) today, it is only right that we honor successful women that have gone ahead and paved the way for some of us globally. To all our heroes, living legends, and shining amazons, we see you, we celebrate your legacy, and we are thankful for your courage to shatter glass ceilings and change the narrative for women across the world.
1. There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish. – Michelle Obama, First African-American First Lady of the United States
2. My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no one’s doing but my own. I am the force. I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice. My responsibility. Win or lose; only I hold the key to my destiny. – Elaine Maxwell, Author
3. Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the World. – Hillary Clinton, American Politician and Former First Lady of United States
4. The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble. – Serena Williams, American Professional Tennis Player
5. When you are good at what you do, you get to a place where you can’t be ignored whether you are male or female. – Ibukun Awosika, Chairman, Board of Directors, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Award-Winning Entrepreneur and Philanthropist
6. Teach her that if you criticize X in women but do not criticize X in men, then you do not have a problem with X, you have a problem with women. – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Writer and Author
7. I made my first film when I was 35, so I firmly believe that you don’t have to be one thing in life. If you’re doing something, and you have a desire to do something different, give it a try. – Ava Duvernay, Writer, Producer, Director and Distributor of Independent Film
8. Without courage we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest. – Maya Angelou, American Poet, Author, and Civil Rights Activist
9. The key to success is to start before you are ready. – Marie Forleo, Entrepreneur, Writer and Philanthropist
10. If you don’t know what your passion is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it. – Oprah Winfrey, Entrepreneur, Producer and Philanthropist
11. Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives. – Michelle Obama, First African-American First Lady of the United States
12. We need to get women to the point where they aren’t apologizing. It is time to take ownership in our success. – Tory Burch, CEO, Designer of Tory Burch
13. If you are starting your own business, the best shortcut is to find a good mentor. – Kim Kiyosaki, Entrepreneur, Author and Financial Educator
14. If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is. – Angelina Jolie, Award-Winning Actress and Philanthropist
15. There is no better personal development tool than running your own business. – Ali Brown, Award-Winning Entrepreneur and Business Coach
16. Whatever you do, be different – that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out. – Anita Roddick, Founder of The Body Shop
17. Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth. – Julie Andrews, Actress, Singer and Author
18. If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” – Anne Bradstreet, America’s First Published Poet
19. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do. – Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady
20. Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great. – Cher, Recording Artist, Emmy Award-Winning Television Personality, Producer and Philanthropist
21. Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve. – Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
22. We need to re-shape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead. – Beyonce, Award-Winning Singer
23. Life-fulfilling work is never about the money – when you feel true passion for something, you instinctively find ways to nurture it. – Eileen Fisher, Fashion Designer
24. If you are giving a lot of value, if you are making an impact in people’s lives, it will be reflected in your bank account. – Millie Leung, Entrepreneur, Author and International Speaker
25. There is no fixed career path. Look inward, find your passion, find your niche and go for it! Don’t over-think it. While you are ‘thinking’ someone might launch your idea. – Uche Pedro, Media Entrepreneur, Founder of BellaNaija
26. Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake. – Marie Beyon Ray, Author
27. I never dreamed about success. I worked for it. – Estee Lauder, Founder of Estee Lauder Cosmetics
28. Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in. – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Writer and Author
29. In any business, it is impossible to do it half-heartedly and succeed. – Millie Leung, Entrepreneur, Author and Speaker
30. If I hadn’t had mentors, I wouldn’t be here today. I am a product of great mentoring and great coaching. – Indra Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo
So there you have them! Our Top 30 Powerful Quotes to celebrate women. Which of them is your favorite? We love to hear from you – leave us a comment below!
Enjoyed reading the quotes? Kindly LIKE and SHARE this with your friends.
Stay inspired and suscribe to our weekly newsletter!
* You will receive latest updates about the blog and inspirational nuggets!