How To Stay Motivated When You Don’t Feel Like Acheiving Your Goals
Life happens and sometimes we loose sight of what is yet to happen for us. We sometimes loose motivation to forge ahead with our goals because, sometimes we feel we don’t have what it takes to pursue what we are supposed to achieve. Yes, sustaining motivation can be tough and there are no pills anywhere for it. Here on the blog, I shared five things that can help you stay really motivated.
1. Write it down: Studies show that when we write by hand, we engage our brains more actively in the process. It’s very easy and simple, I just write everything I need to achieve that day and at the end of the day, I get to tick what was done.
2. Visualize your successful outcome: Close your eyes and think about how your successful outcome will look or feel like. Think about the benefits or the end result of achieving those goals. There is just this feeling of joy and contentment one gets after achieving something worthwhile. I like to think about that before doing what I do and that really helps me get on track.
3. Share it with someone: Recently, I discovered that when I share the thoughts of achieving a particular thing with my best friend, it motivates me to get it done because she believes in me and holds me accountable to come through with it. You can tell a trusted friend about what you hope to achieve and they could inspire to do it even better.
4. Change your environment: I believe your environment contributes a lot to how you behave, act or do things. So, sometimes when I loose the inspiration to do something, I get to leave where I am to somewhere else for a particular period of time. Sometimes, instead of leaving my environment, I change how the place feels to suit my purpose.
For example, I charge the atmosphere by playing instrumentals songs, worship and uplifting songs. I even seek inspiration by just sitting outside my house watching the beautiful trees and the lovely birds quirking. Find out what works for you!
5. Watch, Listen, and Read inspiring stories, speeches, podcasts and messages. I love to read and listen to stories that are touching and inspiring. It gives me a lot of positive vibes and stirs me up to do greater thing things.