10 Life Changing Quotes From Stephen R. Covey That Changed Me
Today I will be sharing with you ten (10) life changing quotes that personally and positively changed my life. It changed my thought pattern and made me see things from a different perspective intellectually. I recommend the quotes and his books for anyone who desires to see changes in his or her mental, physical, social, and spiritual life.
All quotes are by Stephen R. Covey from his book ‘The 7 habits of highly effective people’, you can read my review of the book here Book Review: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People I advise you deeply meditate on the quotes and understand them so it can work for you.
1. But until a person can say deeply and honestly “I am what I am today because of the changes I made yesterday,” that person cannot say, “I choose otherwise.”
2. Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.
3. Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.
4. Start with the end in mind.
5. Two people can see the same thing, disagree, and yet both be right. It’s not logical; it’s psychological.
6. We see the world, not as it is, but as we are or, as we are conditioned to see it.
7. Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.
8. It’s not what happens to us, but our response to what happens to us that hurts us.
9. It’s one thing to make a mistake, and quite another thing not to admit it. People will forgive mistakes, because mistakes are usually of the mind, mistakes of judgment. But people will not easily forgive the mistakes of the heart, the ill intention, the bad motives, the prideful justifying cover-up of the first mistake.