Thank you for joining me on another episode of our weekly Sunday Vibes. I know we all have our down times, moments when we feel like certain things are beyond us, moments when we truly desire results, and nothing seems to happen. During those moments, some of us just need a timely reminder that God truly values us and has a purpose for us. Sadly, the world is full of toxicities, difficulties, challenges, and what we really need to do is to be able to get quiet in our hearts in order to hear God’s still small voice.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. -Philippians 4:6
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. -2Chronicles 7:14
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew the great and mighty things which thou knowest not. -Jeremiah 33:3
How to set up a prayer room
1. Consider if there is an actual little space or closet in your house where you can comfortably kneel or sit to pray. And if there is no space like that in your house, try to be creative using another alternative. You can choose the front of your dressing mirror and then decorate it with a prayer photo album or frame, you could as well use the floor of your bedroom. Just get some quiet place where you can be alone with God (Matthew 6:6-8).
2. Equip the space with a little lighted lamp, scented candles, or a burning incense. You could also get flowers, spray a special perfume in the space, something really nice and peaceful but not toxic You could also throw some colorful comfy pillows around to be comfortable enough to spend as much time as you want.
3. Pray with an open bible in your hand (hard copy), also write down bible scriptures and attach them to your prayer points. Print photos of people in your life that you would love to pray for regularly, pin them on a tack board, wall, or frame them in your prayer closet.
4. Consider getting a prayer journal in your closet, you may want to start writing down things that God will start revealing to you. And it’s important to pen down your experience, things you discovered, or things to look into, so you won’t forget.
5. Pray using the “ACTS” acronym.
- Adoration: Spend time adoring and worshiping God by declaring His faithfulness and declaring who He is. Sing Hymns and Psalms also!
- Confession: 1John 1:9, confess your sins to God and ask for His forgiveness.
- Thanksgiving: Spend time listing out all the the things you are grateful to God for and express deep gratitude for everything. Psalm 50:23
- Supplication: Present your requests unto God, ask God to help you, cry out to him, fight for what you want to happen in your life, and intercede for others too.
A few powerful scriptures to use for your prayer room
Romans 4 : 5 – “Lord, I claim no righteousness of my own. I’m spiritually poor, utterly dependent, a beggar. But I cling to this: You justify the ungodly. This is the basis on which I pray and do battle.”
Ephesians 6 : 12 – “I acknowledge my struggle is not against flesh and blood. This battle isn’t about the physical issue I’m facing. It is against rulers, against powers, against the world force of darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. This is where I will do battle Lord, and I will do it in prayer.”
Colossians 2 : 15 – “And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”
Ephesians 1 : 21 – ” Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.
Philippians 2 : 9 – 11 – “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.“
Psalm 138 : 7 – “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me. You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. I trust in Your great love to uphold me, Lord. My battle is not over. I walk through treacherous ground yet I will trust You to save and deliver me. You will fight for me.”
Psalm 30 : 1 –“I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou has lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
Matthew 6 : 13 – “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever, Amen.”
2 Thessalonians 3 : 3 – “But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil.”
Jude 24 – 25 – “Lord you are able to keep me from stumbling. You will present me blameless in Your presence. It is upon this hope I cast myself and acknowledge Your authority, power, and majesty. To You be all the glory and honor. It is for these things – for Your glory and honor – that I ask Your mighty hand to bring about victory in my life.”
Prayer is a spiritual discipline and the most important thing is to have a space forcing out all the distractions that tries to keep us from having the kind of prayer life that God desires.
If you enjoyed reading this post, you may as well like:
– Prayer Walks
– Bible Verses Every Believer Should Know
– A New Level Of Faith
– Trusting God Through The Process
P:S – Don’t forget to leave a comment below or get in touch with me on any of my social media platforms, should in case you want me to pray along with you on certain issues. God bless you!
Stay inspired and suscribe to our weekly newsletter!
* You will receive latest updates about the blog and inspirational nuggets!